A solid little 808 e-cigarette that outperforms expectations.
It has been a long journey down the path of vaping for me, and it all started with the old school Njoy Npro. I played around with some other over-the-counter gas station special e-cigs before eventually getting serious and deciding to step up to a better way of vaping. I did a lot of research and eventually settled on the V2 electronic cigarette. I chose them based on positive reviews I had read and the wide variety of available flavors to choose from. I started out with the deluxe starter kit that included 3 batteries, a charging case, and a passthru. I didn't plan to quit smoking entirely at the time, but that is precisely what happened. Let's take a look at the kit that got me there.
As a more experienced vaper, I would be lying if I told you that I still use this product daily. That having been said, the fact that I still use it at all speaks volumes for the product. I have much more advanced products that were purchased much later and retired much sooner. Here are the features that set the V2 apart from much of its competition.
- V2 offers 4.2 volt batteries as opposed to the 3.7 volt batteries that most offer. This equals more vapor and better throat hit.
- V2 offers multiple tobacco flavors, allowing users to find one that is similar to their favorite brand of cigarette.
- With offerings like blanks and tanks, V2 allows the user to advance in their vaping experience before requiring a complete upgrade to a new product.
- V2 offers a whole line of accessories to make your transition easier. Lanyards, charging cases, and custom carrying cases are a few of the items that impressed me.
- V2 offers a lifetime guarantee on their batteries, so long as you have made a purchase within 90 days. Meaning? If you buy a battery and never come back, it has a 90 day warranty. If however, you buy a battery then buy one pack of cartomizers every 90 days for the next 50 years it has a 50 year and 90 day warranty.
All of these are great features, but they are pretty much meaningless if the product isn't any good. Therefor, let me explain why this is no longer my go to vaping product and yet I am recommending it to you.
- At entry level, the last thing you need to do is get confused. The V2 is a simple screw on, vape, and replace product. You will know when to replace the cartomizer by the drop in vapor production followed by a burnt taste.
- Part of the addiction to cigarettes is psychological. The shape and size of the V2 makes it feel similar to smoking, and this helps in the transition. Later on, you will want to upgrade for more features and battery life.
- As I mentioned above, I still use this product for its portability, typically when riding my bike or performing some task that makes carrying a larger unit difficult.
Below, you can watch my full video review of the product if you have further questions about how the device performs, or if you just want to see it in use. Here are the flavors that I have tried from V2 and my thoughts on them.
This was pretty much my all day vape. It is a nice tobacco flavor that doesn't really match up to any particular brand, but falls somewhere between a Winston and a Marlboro. It is slightly sweet, and has a very nice finish to it. This is my favorite V2 flavor.
I always keep a few of these around. Every now and then you need a break from the routine of a flavor, and Sahara is a nice backup tobacco flavor. If you are a Camel smoker, this might be a good starting point for you.
This one isn't a favorite of mine. I did vape the cartridges I got, but I never ordered more. The flavor isn't awful, but it has an aftertaste that I found to be similar to celery.
A very nice slightly sweet menthol that has a taste very similar to a menthol cigarette and nice cooling properties. I use this flavor frequently and it is one of my favorite menthols.
Not bad, but it is a rare occasion that I will wish a liquid was sweeter, and this one made me feel that way. It has a candy taste to it, but lacks the sweetness that you would expect. I only vaped this flavor twice, and never reordered it after that.
I love the V2 cherry. It was a long time after moving on to other products before I found a cherry flavor that could compete with this brand.
Another solid flavor. But be warned. Like the peppermint, this isn't the sweet flavor that some would expect. Still, a good chocolate that would remind one of a drug store chocolate cigar. Definitely worth a try.
I know what you are thinking. Coke or Pepsi, right? RC cola. This is a spot on dead ringer for the Royal Crown. Grab a moon pie and try this one out.
This is not a paid review, and the link below to the V2 website is not an affiliate link. I'm not getting paid for my opinions, and I purchased the product with a publicly available discount code. Google is your friend. Starter kits are always 15% off with codes that can be easily found, and every month V2 offers 10% discount codes. Also, if you decide to purchase this product and a major holiday is just around the corner, then try to hold off as they typically have really big sales around the holidays. Also, check their clearance section before ordering. If they get overstocked on a certain color or size of battery they often sell them for as much as 60% off, so you could actually build your own starter kit for cheaper then they sell them with the discount if you show up at the right time.