A good choice to get started out in the e-cig experience.
I got started vaping with the Njoy Npro about 4 years ago. I used that for awhile until they reformulated the product, and I decided to shop around. When the Mistic came out at the Pilot Truck Stops I decided to give it a try, and I really liked it. I used it for awhile and I was able to stop smoking in the truck altogether, although I continued to smoke cigarettes outside of the truck. I cut back from 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day all the way down to 1 pack every 3-5 days. I no longer use the product at all as I have advanced to bigger and better things in the e-cigarette world, but I do highly recommend this product for someone just starting out.
The best thing about the Mistic Electronic Cigarette is that it will give you a good idea if vaping is for you or not without requiring a huge investment. What I mean by that is you may not be crazy about the flavor (although it is quite good) or the battery life (not bad) but you will be able to tell if the product gives you enough nicotine to satisfy your cravings and it will give you a good feel for the whole experience of e-cigs. I recommend trying them for a month or so. If at that point they are working for you and the flavor is what you like, then great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? But if the experience is satisfying but you want a better product as far as flavor or battery life, then you may want to consider some other options out there.
Here are a few corrections that I need to make to this video, as it is about a year and a half old at the time of this posting.
- It is no longer available at the T/A or Petro Travel Centers. They have switched to a new brand called Metro which I do not recommend.
- It is now available at WalMart in addition to the Pilot, Flying J, and Loves Travel Centers.
- In the video I stated the battery life to be "around 12 hours." Understand that at that time I was smoking and vaping, and I still may have over-estimated their life. If you are using the product as a supplement to smoking like I was you will probably get more like 6-8 hours out of a battery. If you are vaping exclusively than I would plan on more like 4-6 hours of battery life, depending (of course) on how much you use it.
Alrighty then. Now that we got the fine print out of the way, you can watch the video below. If you are using the product and you want some tips and tricks to make it better, here are a few.
- There is much debate about the threading on these batteries and cartridges. I don't know for sure what it is, but I can tell you this. KR808D-1 cartomizers will fit the Mistic battery, but they do not screw all the way down. This makes them compatible with the Mistic battery, but the Mistic cartridges are not compatible with the 808 battery. You follow? Where this comes in handy is you can use these batteries to try out cartridges from other 808 vendors like V2 or Smokeless Image or Halo for example before committing to buying their whole starter kit.
- These are compatible with the 808 threaded Volt line of clearomizers. As with all 808 threaded products, they will not screw all the way down on the battery but they will make a connection and fire.
- Under the white paint of the Mistic battery is a nice stainless steel. You can remove the pain and drastically improve the look of the unit.
- You can easily refill the cartridges using other e-liquids. Simply save the rubber end caps (condoms) from the cartridges when you remove them from the packaging. Once the device runs out of liquid, just take your eliquid and fill one of the condoms 1/2 to 3/4 of the way with liquid. Then take the cartomizer and slowly pus the end that connects to the battery down into the end cap with the liquid in it. This will force the liquid up into the cartridge. Once it is full, remove it from the end cap and blow through it to remove excess liquid from the center tube. Then use a paper towel to dry the excess liquid off of the cartomizer and you are ready to vape again. Each carto should be good for at least 5 refills, and I have had them last for as many as 10.
I hope this article helps you get started in the e-cigarette world, or helps you have a better experience with your Mistic Electronic Cigarette. I am in no way affiliated with Mistic or any other e-cig manufacturer mentioned in this article nor any of their vendors, nor am I in any way compensated by them for my opinions expressed here.