A great little decorative box mod.
I bumped into these mods in a forum conversation and went over to the eyebox group on facebook to check them out. I wasn't necessarily expecting to get one, but when I saw the Eyebox 79 (pictured below) I had to get it. This is a simple box mod with a horn switch on the side to fire it. There is no variable voltage or wattage or anything else to it. This particular box takes a single 18650 battery (protected battery recommended, but pictured with an IMR), but he has other boxes available in different sizes to take 18350 or 18490 batteries. He also does custom orders so you would have to check with him to see if he can build one to the dimensions for a different battery size if that is what you want.
The price of this box was $60 and I feel like it is a pretty good deal for what I got. I bought it on Friday and it was in my mailbox on Monday, so I was pretty impressed with the shipping time. The build quality is very good and this box really is a work of art.
On a device like this there is not a whole lot to be said. Either you get it and you want one or you don't get it and there is no need to try and convince you. Assuming you do want one, here are the answers to some of the questions that were in my mind when I ordered it.
- From my experience, Nic Balz is dependable. He told me when the box would ship and sent me a picture of the shipping receipt with a tracking number after shipment.
- The quality of the build is solid.
- The mod fits comfortably in the hand. It appears to be a bit bulky from the pictures but it is very natural when using it.
- Each mod is a unique build so there won't be 100 other people out there with an eyebox exactly like yours.
- The box uses a flat top or button top battery, but the flat top is easier to get in and out. Either battery fits nice and snug with no worry of it sliding but the flat top is easier to remove because it is not as tight.
I hope this answers any questions you might have about the device. If it doesn't, you can join the group and ask Nic himself and he is pretty quick about getting back to you.
Will I buy another one of these? Probably not, as this is the one that caught my eye and really fit my personality. But if I saw another one that I "had to have" I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Nic again. I recommend these to anyone who appreciates the style of these boxes. I think you will be happy with it and you won't regret your purchase.