A very solid starter kit that is sure to please.
This electronic cigarette was sent to me by the folks over at Stigx. They are a company based out of the Netherlands and offer a line of eliquids and the electronic cigarette featured in this review. They advertise free shipping on all orders over $25 (I'm not sure that that applies to international shipments) and from my experience, their shipping time to the U.S. is about 5 days. The e-cig is available in black, silver, and white and the one sent to me for purposes of review is the white model. The clearomizer is eGo threaded and will not work with a standard 510 connection but the battery has both eGo and 510 threading, so standard 510 threaded devices will work with the battery.
The following products being reviewed were not purchased by me. They were sent to me free of charge by Alex at Stigx for the purpose of reviewing the product. All opinions expressed here are my opinions based on using the product. I have received no payment or product other than what is featured here in this review from the manufacturer.
Upon receiving the product, I was impressed with the cosmetics of it. It is an attractive looking e-cig and the packaging is very nice. It also comes with an attractive leather holster which matches the color of the device and has the "Stigx" logo stamped into it. The holster has a soft lining to protect the device when it is in use.
Both the e-cig battery and the clearomizer have a soft coating that make it easy to grip and clean. The battery features a 5 click on/off function so it can be turned off when not in use, and there is also a 10 second cutoff that will turn the device off if the fire button is depressed for too long. This will keep you from accidentally damaging an atomizer if the button is depressed for too long. The battery seems to fire at about 3.8 volts, and it has an 1,100 mAh capacity so it lasts pretty long. In my case it lasted about 12 hours before needing to be recharged.
The clearomizer with this devices performs very well. I put mine on the ohm meter and it came out to 2.46 ohms which seems high for this type of battery but it wasn't. The vapor production is excellent on this device. The flavors came through very well. I tested them in a rebuildable dripper as well to see how the flavor compared with the clearomizer and it was pretty consistent. The vapor is slightly warm so as to be suitable for those who like a warm or a cool vape. It is not so cool that you can't feel the heat at all, but not so warm as to cause discomfort.
The entire unit seems to be very well built and durable. It is a comfortable fit in the hand, especially with the "rubbery" coating on it. This fire button is raised ever so slightly and is not coated with the texture of the rest of the device making it easy to find with the finger when ready to use the device.
The following e-liquids were sent to me with the kit, and here are my thoughts on each of them.
- I was not very impressed with this flavor. It was alright, and definitely apple, but a bit of a weaker flavor. More of a subtle apple flavor than what I like. The throat hit was also light on this one.
- This was my favorite of all of the flavors. It is an outstanding tobacco flavor and reminds me very much of the "Hav-A-Tampa" cigars you can get with the wooden tips. The flavor is very robust and satisfying and the throat hit is solid. This is a very satisfying vape that could be an all day vape for me.
- This was another very good flavor. Very much like a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. And while I personally don't use sugar in my coffee, I was able to adjust to the sweetness rapidly and really enjoy the vape. The throat hit is a very smooth and pleasant one on this liquid, and it is one of the better coffee flavors I have tried to date.
- This is a very nice fruit flavored liquid. There is a bit of a candy feel too it, but no medicine or perfumy taste to it. The throat hit is good and the flavor is very nice, especially when exhaled through the nose.
- Wild Tobacco
- This is a nice "change of pace" tobacco flavor. It's a mild tobacco with some other flavorings I couldn't really put my finger on, but it has a nice "outdoors" kind of flavor to it and is very natural tasting. The throat hit was solid on this liquid as well.
All of these liquids are 80 vg 20 pg and produce great vapor as would be expected with this combination. However, this combination can sometimes result in diminished throat hit. This was not the case with these liquids. All in all they were very high quality, and seemed to be perfectly designed for the e-cig that they are sold with.
This is a well built, high quality starter kit. The liquids are well crafted and perform flawlessly with the device. I experienced no dry hits or leaking from the device, and the vapor production is impressive from a non adjustable regulated device. My experience with the Stigz was a very pleasurable one. I think this is a very nice kit and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get started with electronic cigarettes or looking to upgrade from a simple gas station "cig-a-like" style kit. It is even a good upgrade from a standard eGo style kit with a CE4 or similar clearomizer. Everything is solidly built, and performs very well to make the Stigx an easy product to recommend.