The Duke, Uncle Cutty, and Duchess tobacco flavors.
I bumped into the folks over at Indigo Vapor when I signed up over at Nu-Vapor forums and decided to give their liquids a try. Here are two flavors that I have been vaping and enjoying, and a new flavor that they recently introduced and sent me a sample of. Before we look at the flavors it is worth noting that Indigo processes and ships out orders quickly for a juice company, usually having them shipped out the day after you order. Most of the companies I order from are made to order and take anywhere from days to weeks to ship, so it is nice to have a vendor in there that you can order from in the clutch and get the juice within a week and still have solid flavors.
All of these liquids are 50/50 pg/vg ratio and the first two are at 18mg of nicotine. The last flavor, being a sample that is sent out with all orders, is in a 12 mg strength which they do to make it "vapeable" to everyone they will be sending it to. Let's start out by looking at the 3 main categories for judging any liquid, and how the overall quality of this liquid stacks up. These are across the board ratings for all of the Indigo flavors I have tried, and I will get more into the specifics when I get to each liquid.
- The vapor production from these liquids is very good, and consistent with what one would expect from a 50/50 liquid.
- Throat Hit
- In the throat hit department, I have to give Indigo Vapor a high score. With the higher vg levels one tends to expect a drop in th but not with Indigo. The throat hit is always good, and very solid on some of the flavors.
- Every flavor that I have tried from Indigo is consistent with what it is marketed as. This means that you can comfortably order the juice and receive the flavor you are expecting. As always, taste is subjective but their flavors are consistent with what their descriptions represent.
Now that we got that out of the way let's look at each of the three flavors we are reviewing here. After each listed flavor you will see a blue box which will contain the official description of the flavor from Indigo Vapor followed by my thoughts on that particular flavor. The name of each flavor will be linked to the page on their site where you can purchase that flavor or find their customer reviews on it.
If you are looking for a strong, bold and flavorful tobacco - The Duke is for you. The is a tobacco that the Man himself would be proud to vape!
This is one of my favorite tobacco flavors, and the only non Naturally Extracted Tobacco flavor that I order consistently. It has a good, strong tobacco flavor that is mellow and just really hits the spot. The character of this flavor falls somewhere in between a cigarette and a cigar, and this is one that I highly recommend to anyone looking for a good "all day vape" tobacco flavor. The throat hit on this one is solid as well.
This cherry tobacco is sure to please. Requested by a customer, and inspired by their old Uncle Cutie's favorite cherry pipe tobacco. We present Uncle Cutty...
This is a new flavor to me. I got my first bottle in my last order and I have vaped about 15 mils of it so far. I am really impressed with this one. It is basically a more sophisticated version of the Swisher Sweet. It has that slight sweetness to it and a hint of cherry that comes out nicely on the exhale. The throat hit on this liquid is absolutely fantastic, and hits nice and solidly right in the middle. If you are a fan of Swisher Sweets this is a "must try." My experience with pipe tobacco is limited, but I find this to be more of a cigar blend.
Inspired by the Black and Mild, this smooth tobacco flavor will make you feel like royalty!
It is only fair to point out here that I only got a 3 ml bottle, and I generally vape more than that before judging a liquid. The reason why is that my taste preference can fluctuate from one day to the next. When I got this one and loaded it up I didn't like it. I came back to it a few days later and this time I enjoyed it. This could never be an "all day vape" for me but it sure is nice to have around. It has a vanilla background flavor to it with a mild cigar tobacco up front. I'm not typically a fan of vanilla, but this one is not overpoweringly sweet like most are. I found this juice to be enjoyable and worth a try.
In addition to these flavors, I have also tried the following flavors and had the following thoughts about them.
- Kick Back Tobacco: Very unusual tobacco blend. It has a hint of either a menthol or anise, I'm not sure which and my best guess on that changes from day to day. It's just a hint, but it is there. This is a very robust tobacco flavor and I found it to be pleasing after it grew on me. If you get this one be sure to try it with your morning coffee. Awesome!
- Captain Ron: This is a banana tobacco flavor. I would have never ordered it for myself, but Ramona wanted it so we got it. I was surprised to like this one. The banana is more of a banana candy flavor and it blends nicely with the tobacco flavor that is used.
- The Turk: To be fair I got a beta version sample of this before it was released. I'm not sure if it was the final version, but I didn't like it. It was a tobacco, and certainly had a Turkish feel to it. I just wasn't a fan.
- Indigo RY: This is not a straight up RY4 (which I don't like) but instead a take on that flavor. I was surprised to like it, but I did. It was a little sweet for me but the flavor was good enough to see past the sweetness. No way I could vape this all day, but it isn't bad to have around from time to time.
- OMG Peach: A very good flavor that requires a good 2 week steep to fully bring out the sweetness of the peaches. I was impressed by this one. It is one of the few fruit flavors that I like to vape.
- Mandarin Mashup: It's orange, and it is pretty good. Ramona really likes this one. Again, I'm not into the fruit flavors but I found this one to be ok.
- Rocket's Glare: Another sample that was sent to me. We didn't know what it was (fruit or tobacco) so I tried it first and really liked it. I told her it was fruit so she took it and that was the last I saw of it. Peach and Strawberry don't sound like a great match to me, but it works in this juice.
You can tell that a lot of effort goes into the creation of these flavors. They are well crafted and I can say from experience with the company, often tested in a beta form and feedback is accepted before the final version is released to the company. Again, shipping is very fast which makes them a vendor that I can rely on if I'm running low on liquid and need something fast. Their flavors are accurate to the descriptions, and usually very good. I have been using their liquids for several months now and I order from them regularly.