1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Wraith 80w Squonker Box Mod by The Council of Vapor

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders' started by trlrtrash13, Jul 2, 2016.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

There's a new regulated squonker coming out. The Wraith, by COV. Looks like a nice one and it comes with a squonking atomizer which should be a good one since it is COV. That being said, it is an 80 watt squonker but runs on a single 18650 battery. Not really thrilled with that setup, but other than that check it out. Looks pretty sharp.

wraith4.jpg wraith1.jpg wraith2.jpg wraith3.jpg

Snert likes this.
  2. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I'll probably bite on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yankifenix and trlrtrash13 like this.
  3. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

I'll be on this one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  4. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Anyone else? I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Please post if you spot a good price on the Wraith!

5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I'm gonna pass on it myself because of the single battery, but I'll post a deal if I see one.

Yankifenix likes this.
  6. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Gotcha. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Yankifenix and trlrtrash13 like this.
  7. Droopydroors

Droopydroors Vaper

Hello all!! My first post. I just pre-ordered this from SteepingGiant. It ended up being $67.95 usd. If you sign up to there site and then register for the newsletter you receive 10% off everything. I believe they are in LA. It says on their site they are shipping out on July 11th. I did ask COV and they said it would be released in a few weeks so who knows. But I'm certain it will be out before the August 8th deadline.

Snert and trlrtrash13 like this.
  8. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Welcome, @Droopydroors and thanks for the update on that.

Snert and Droopydroors like this.
  9. Droopydroors

Droopydroors Vaper

Video just went up. I'm pretty excited about this guy!!!!

Snert and trlrtrash13 like this.
  10. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I'm starting to waiver on this one. I might be in, I'm not sure.

11. Droopydroors

Droopydroors Vaper

Ya I was on the fence but for that price I couldn't pass it up. I needed to round out my squonkers to have one of each. I needed that middle one.

Reo Grand- fully mech
    Svapiamo- mosfet
    Wraith - 80 watt
    Dna200

I guess I still need a lower wattage dna40.......ugggghhhhh

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  12. Droopydroors

Droopydroors Vaper

I would really like to get my hands on a Frankenskull. But trying to find one for sale has been very challenging....

13. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I have 3 Reo Grands. Love the simplicity, but it's not necessarily optimal for my vaping style. I basically run them with a Cyclone AFC with a single parallel coil right around .2 ohms for the best vape experience for me. I also have...

Geyscano (junk)
    S-Body (not terrible)
    Steam Crave Squonk Mod (meh)
    Kanger DripBox 160 (amazing)
    Halcyon (very good)

The DripBox 160 is probably the best of the lot because of long battery life and high wattage capabilities. I generally run it in the 90-100 watt range and still get about 10 hours out of a charge. The Halcyon ( @Droopydroors experiences aside) is the next best, but I try to keep it at about 60-70 watts for battery life, and get about 5 hours. The S Body only hits 50 watts, but it actually hits 50 for about an hour and then the battery drops but it can be used while charging (not true passthrough, but serviceable) so if I keep it charging while using it I can do 50 watts (it actually hits a little hard, so it's about 52 watts) the whole time. The Steam Crave kills a battery fast, and continuously cuts you back while it runs. You start at 60 watts, after awhile you hit the button and nothing happens. You look at the screen and it is recalculating like a GPS or something, dropping 5 watts at a time until it finds what it can do. It will do this to you about every 30 minutes until you roll the window down and throw it out. Or put in a new battery, whichever. It cannot be charged while in use. The Geyscano isn't really worth discussing.

debinnv likes this.
  14. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

The main problem I've found with the DNA 40, cause I've got 3 of 'em, is I like TC and I prefer SS. I.. detest Ni200. Maybe it's a holdover from my experiences with Ni200 and the very first DNA 40 Hana I bought. Anyway... I get along really well with my VapeForward mods and 316L SS wire. I want to transfer that to squonking.

My squonking stable isn't as varied as TT's...
    REO Grand (and 2 clones that I can part with if the TSA is cranky on any given day)
    26650 TMod (mech)
    3 X custom built GDNAs (http://www.livewiremods.com/product-p/gdna-4.2-co-ls.htm)
    1 X Peko mech (http://www.livewiremods.com/product-p/built-24.htm)

When I was vaping mostly on Kanthal, the GDNA ruled the roost with a horizontal build in a set of drilled out Veritas clones. I had soured on TC (Ni200 in the DNA 40) until I got my hands on the VapeForward mods and then a DNA 200. I do like TC with SS. Since I'm not a high power/high temp vaper, the builds last a good long time and wicking doesn't burn (much). @Exodus has been able to get TC working in the Veritas with Ti wire (which is my 2nd TC wire of choice). I can't get away from hot legs with the horizontal build and glowing TC wire is generally bad.

Todd put up a review for the NarDa RDA which I've been trying to get my hands on. No luck. So I took a flier on a NarDa clone from FastTech. They're not too shabby. And I've had pretty good luck with Ti wire on the DNA 40 with a r temperature offset. The legit has a BF option while the clone doesn't. You can get squonk pins from FDV that will fit the NarClone, but they need to be ground down to the right length. I've had the time to finish one of those so far which gives me a single working GDNA using Ti wire. At some point, I'll get the other 2 converted and get all of my GNDAs back up and running.

My fervent hope for the Wraith is that I can get 316L working in it. I might have to go in search of an RDA I like cause I'm not sure I'll be able to master the horizontal TC build in the Veritas. I thought about a DNA 75 squonker, but early reports are that though the DNA 75 can run on a single 18650 (with some problematic battery sag), it's really still intended to use a LiPo which I'm not gonna use. There's rumors that they'll launch a DNA 60 before the FDA slams the door in August which should handle a single 18650 more gracefully. Time will tell.

Long story short... hoping the Wraith is a decent mod. :p

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  15. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

There's one squonker that I still really want in my stable. It doesn't exist as a pre-packaged product and I'm not handy enough with a soldering iron to pull one off... but... I still want an OKR based VV squonker.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  16. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

@Mad Scientist was talking about making some but I don't know what happened.

Mad Scientist likes this.
  17. Droopydroors

Droopydroors Vaper

Damn!!! How often do they restock that GDNA or Peko?

18. Droopydroors

Droopydroors Vaper

I've built a few Raptors in my day. Maybe I should take a shot a squonker. The only problem is size seeing as they need 2x18650 to run. I guess I could use a lipo. FB_IMG_1468105656831.jpg FB_IMG_1468105680258.jpg

Mad Scientist and Snert like this.
  19. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

20. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

$$$$ & time is what happened. I would really like to build more of those, They are rock solid and hit like a sledge hammer if that's your thing. I think that there was only a couple of people interested in one like I built if I remember correctly @trlrtrash13?

Speaking of it, I should really use it more often, I haven't been traveling much so it's kind of been sitting )-:

trlrtrash13 likes this.