1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

VariTube VT 510 BF

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders' started by trlrtrash13, Nov 15, 2016.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

This is a 510 connector for squonking devices. It is the one installed on my DNA 200 squonker from @DIYTrucker and it has some good features as well as a couple of issues. I decided to go ahead and shoot a video on it to address those.

Further info on the issues. I can find no reason why the Quicksilver doesn't work properly on this 510. It works correctly on every other squonker I have, including the old style Reo Grand, the original adjustable Reo Grand, the new adjustable Reo Grand with the reverse threaded adjustment, the S Body, the DripBox 160, the Halcyon, and the Fat Daddy connector.

With the Tsunami 24 Plus, it only backs off the connector on the VariTube. I have tested it on the Reo Grand, the DripBox 160, the Halcyon, and the Fat Daddy with no issues.

This is where you can pick up this connector.

http://www.varitube.com/VT-510--Bottom-Feeding-510--Self-Adjusting-or-Manual_p_402.html

#1 trlrtrash13, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Snert likes this.
  2. DIYTrucker

DIYTrucker Vaper

Video is marked private, won't play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Sorry, try it again.

4. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

One of the designers of this atomizer left this information on the youtube video, I thought I would add it here for anyone considering building with one of these.

Drunk J Smith18 hours ago
    Simple solution, I always use a 1mm CS x 6mm ID o-ring under the top plate. The resistance of the o-ring helps hold the 510 in place. Also, don't simply tighten the bottom nut, I use a 510 threaded driver I made (or just an old atty base) with a teflon ring to add additional torque while tightening from the top. As for the one atty not making connection, I would look at the face of the atty positive pin as that is where your problem seems to be stemming from. I have a ton of atties that I converted myself to BF and some came with the pin, never had any connection issues. FYI, I am one of the original designers of this 510 and have never had one come loose. Hit me up on facebook as DrunkJ Smith if you need any additional help.
    I'm going to try using an old atomizer to tighten from the top while tightening the nut on the bottom to see how that goes. I'm not going to take the thing apart to put an o ring in though as it is simple enough for me to hold the post while I remove the atomizer.

5. DIYTrucker

DIYTrucker Vaper

You posted your video lol, call me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

Just seen this, I would have went with the FDV connector. been using them on my BF for a long while now with no issues. Came out nice Steve(-:

trlrtrash13 likes this.