1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Vaping and Heart Disease

Discussion in 'Health Studies' started by trlrtrash13, Feb 20, 2017.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

The study involved 42 adults with an average age of 28. Twenty-three had used e-cigarettes — vaped — daily for at least a year and 19 had never vaped.

All participants had no known health problems, were taking no prescription medications and did not smoke tobacco cigarettes. Electrocardiograms and blood tests were used to evaluate their heart activity. E-cigarette users were found to exhibit physiological effects not present in the nonusers, such as abnormalities in cardiovascular function that included higher oxidative stress levels and levels of adrenaline in the heart, an effect known as increased cardiac sympathetic activity. These factors are known to increase the risk of cardiovascular problems.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d2c0da-f47e-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html

2. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I'd be interested in reading that story, but I just can't give traffic to the Washington Compost. Off to Google!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  3. vapinitup

vapinitup The Original Crew
    REFugee

4. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

They won't notice 1 hit. Lol

5. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

OK. Good information to know.

So this backs up my sentiment that if you haven't smoked in the past, you shouldn't start vaping.

Now we need a companion study coming at the from the "proper" perspective. We know it's "worse" than no consumption at all... but is it "better" than smoking (from Heart Disease standpoint)?

Vaping is all about, to me anyway, "harm reduction". I mean... seriously... I'm still putting a foreign substance into my body by inhaling atomized liquids, so you gotta expect some negative impact.

6. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

vaping is definitely better then smoking

As you know i am on a boat in asian waters,so when i run out of juice,restocking is extremely difficult ,right before xmas i ran out ,i went without for 4 days,but the urge to pick up a stinky was there and could not be resisted

it tasted exactly like they did when i first started smoking way back in the day,,after i finished that i got and tried to walk, omg my head was spinning and i felt ungodly sick instantly !! think my body went into shock from all those strange chemicals being pumped into them

bty,i did finally get restocked and dropped the stinkies instantaneously !!!!!!!

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

Sorry to hear that it came to that. I'm glad that you got your juice re stocked and your back in business:)

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

I agree. However, They just want more ammo so that they can Demonize it further and collect the profits from their severe taxation.

vapinitup and trlrtrash13 like this.