1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Vape Forward VaporFlask Lite

Discussion in 'Regulated Mods' started by Snert, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Single 18650, 75w with SS, Ti and Ni TC modes.

[​IMG]

I had learned my way around the Joyetech/Wismec/VapeForward menu with the Stout, so setup was a breeze this time. I'm running it currently with a 0.3Ω dual coil Ti build in a Velocity Min clone at 40w/480°. Not sure why, but that's the temperature (approx of course) that I like Suicide Bunny's Mother's Milk at. I do bump into TC as expected, but it vapes just fine. :)

I like flask shape, in theory, but in practice as a left-handed vapor I was concerned. Ya know, it's not horrible using it left-handed. I can either thumb fire it, with the second join, hold it the "right way" or trigger-finger fire it holding it "backwards". It doesn't feel awkward holding it backwards, just maybe not quite as "right".

I have two little gripes with it so far (other than the smoked display cover just like the Stout)...

1) When I popped a fresh battery in, the battery gauge only read half charge. Now, I know this was a fully charged battery. Two battery chargers were polled and both agreed. Once I attached an atty and bumped the fire button, the meter sprung to full though.

2) I've had 3 different attys screwed onto this mod. All leave just a bit of a gap.

[​IMG]

I tried those same 3 attys on the Stout. All attached flush. For some odd reason, the Lite has a shallower 510 connector (or a longer spring-loaded 510 pin) than the Stout does.

One nit to pick... the finish doesn't appear to be evenly applied inside the battery door. Yeah, I know... picky.

I'll try to get more pics of this mod up later.

2. Joe

Joe Guest

[​IMG]

I was a huge adopter of the Vaporflask. The moment I first saw the original beta models I bought 3 of them. Over the years they have been very popular but also very expensive. Now there 3 new models that almost anyone can afford. These still have all the great built quality and reliability that you would expect from Vaporflask.

These are the legit versions - not the clones.
    These are in stock and ready to ship.

These use the new Joyetech chip and come in 75W, 100W, and 150W outputs.

75W - $79
    100W - $89
    150W - $119

WHERE: >> HERE <<

ALL PRODUCTS SHIP FROM THE USA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...

3. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Ok... I promised more pictures and here they are.

The videos about the battery door are fairly widespread, but here's a pic just for grins.

[​IMG]

The "crud" on the door is sugar particles from the morning coffee, not any kind of a finish issue with the outside of the mod.

So, I commented on being a left-handed vapor and the curve of the VaporFlask Lite. Just for you lefties out there, here are a coupla pics.

[​IMG]

Holding it the "wrong" way.

[​IMG]

Holding it the "right" way.

Either way, no comfort issues to speak of.

My mod came in black as it was all that was in stock when I bought. I wish the SS finish had been available, but no biggie.

#3 Snert, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

Does this one use a single battery or two? I assumed it used two but the battery door makes it look like a single battery configuration.

5. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

The Lite is a single 18650 battery supposedly good for 75w (YMMV). The Classic is more like the old VaporFlask but has the VapeForward/Wismec/Joyetech chipset in it. It's good to 15ow (again YMMV). Don't really care about the Classic so I have no idea how the battery capture system works on that one.

6. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I do have to say, there's one feature that the VapeForward/Wismec/Joyetech chip set has that the Evolv boards don't have that I like. If you put 'em in temp control with potentially questionable builds, they stay in temp control.

I really do like the flexibility of the DNA 200 with all of the profiles and the hot start. But the DNA series has an issue with the way they do TC since their initial run with the DNA 40... if the resistance changes too much for it's programmed parameters, the chip set will flip from TC mode to power mode.

Now, I know this is supposed to be a convenience feature for the user. If you put on a TC head, you get TC... run a Kanthal build and you get power. But when it comes to TC and the materials used for the coils, I really don't want those to glow.... ever. When the Evolv chips see an atty/build with an "unstable" resistance, you've got glowing Ni/Ti/SS wire. Don't like that.

I tried a Kanger Subtank with the SSOCC coils on my Reuleaux DNA 200. Whether the resistance was locked or not, it kept flipping into power mod. Not a huge deal since a lot of SS heads are used in power mode on a lot of mods by design and the fact that the wicks are pretty well soaked all of the time in a reasonably full tank. The same setup on the VapeForward Lite and all is well. It's even regulating temperature to where I'd except it to be based on my experience using Ti and SS coils in other tanks on the DNA 200.

Evolv is so determined to "solve the ecigarette" and make vaping as safe as possible, that's one "feature" that I just don't like and seems... "unsafe". I'd rather see an "Unstable Atomizer" message flash to let me know what I built ain't working than for it to automatically flip to power mode. I know Evolv prides itself on the accuracy of it's boards (which I appreciate), but the "mode flip" feature just drives me nuts!!

Yankifenix likes this.
  7. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

Well @Snert, I tried this last night and had no issues. So tonight I decided to setup my white subtank with a ssocc head and no dice on the stout. No matter what I do it will not stay in tc mode with the white subtank. So I threw the black subtank which I had no problems at all with last night or all day today and it's still working in tc mode without issue. So it looks like this is still an issue on the stout. I'll fiddle more with it and see what results I can get

Snert likes this.
  8. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Ah, so I was making a wild assumption about the "not flipping into power mode" thing. My bad.

I'll just leave it at... some TC setups I couldn't make work on the DNA 200 are working on the VapeForward chips.

trlrtrash13 and Yankifenix like this.
  9. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

10. marlboroman

marlboroman New Member

i'd rather be seen smoking a cigarette or even a ego jewel starter kit than being caught seen in public with that clone on that mod in my hand

11. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

To each his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheef and Yankifenix like this.
  12. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Not exactly a formal introduction, but ok. Than again, you are Marlboro Man so you sorta have been seen smoking in public, eh?

Snert and Yankifenix like this.
  13. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

well @marlboroman, it's not your setup so no worries there. And, I can't speak for everyone else here, but I might buy a clone cause I haven't tried the atty and want to try it out before I drop the legit price down. If I don't like the clone, then I am only out minimal $.

Mad Scientist and Snert like this.
  14. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

Well now, What do we have here? Let's see.....90% of the public is not going to know what the hell you got anyway so what does it matter if it's a clone or not?

And besides it is a known fact that most of the clones that are being made today can be made to vape as good or better than the legits anyway.

Love your intro, perhaps you should stay with your marlboros...lol

Yankifenix likes this.
  15. Cheef

Cheef The Original Crew
    REFugee

LMAO!!
    Rich guy or tuff guy or just stirring the chit a little.
    Marlboro Man LMAO!!

16. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Well, I decided I liked the form factor of the Lite so much that I'd pick up another one (have I mentioned I really like TC?!?!). I found a good deal at Vape101 and ordered it up.

When I got the mod, the "top of the arch" was scrubbed up pretty bad. The box was sealed on arrival, so it doesn't look like the anyone outside of the factory mishandled it. Right now I'm torn on whether the scuffs were introduced at the factory or if potentially the packaging(!) caused it. The mod was somewhat loose in the foam liner and could potentially have rubbed onthe lid of the box (which did not have foam backing) during shipping. If that turns out to be the case, it doesn't speak well for the SS finish.

Vape101 has been contacted. Their response has been a bit slow thus far. They've asked for a pic (which makes sense). The scuffs are hard to see photographically, though they stand out like a sore thumb when you have the mod in hand. Gonna see how this proceeds. Needless to say, I was... disappointed.

17. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

You rarely see posts about a mod significantly after the first. Decided I'd be the exception rather than the rule.

The first post in this thread is dated 1/2/2016 with a black VF Lite as the subject. Now on 5/30, I'm reporting the afore mentioned mod as "fading fast". It's been temperamental over the last couple of days, flipping into wattage mode from SS TC. I've also noticed the mod body getting quite warm compared to my Stouts. Each time, I've checked the battery which was not especially warm. Thus, I can only conclude it was the electronics getting hot. Haven't seen a "mod too hot" warning. It just flips back in Wattage mode.

I've used the mod, daily, for the last ~5 months. I tanked on it for a bit, but for the last 3 months it's been a dedicated SS TC dripper setup. It doesn't usually go out and about with me during the work day, but it gets a LOT of use on the weekends and in the evenings.

At this point, I'm retiring it. The electronics appear to be getting wonky and I want to avoid any potential battery venting issues. While this is no crisis in June of 2016, it will be much more problematic in August of 2018 when the the FDA regs hit with full force.

It appears to me the mod market runs on a 4 to 6 month cycle and regulated mods aren't really engineered to last longer. As long as the technology curve is advancing... not an issue. Once the FDA finishes off innovation in the vape market that 4 to 6 month cycle will be problematic. Even if you stock up on mods just before the Aug 2018 drop-dead date, I wouldn't plan for any regulated mod (save MAYBE a Provari or an OKR based mod) to last much past Feb 2019. Might be a wise idea to develop a stable of mechs too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I've got 2 OKR mods sitting on a shelf unused. I plan to add to that stockpile over the next year.

debinnv and Snert like this.
  19. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

It's not the lite, but Vapor Beast has the Vapor Flask Classic on clearance for $52.97.

Get it here.

Use code SPRING15 for 15% off sitewide through April 17th, so that should include clearance items.

debinnv likes this.
  20. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

I'm going to have to get another decent mech soon. I have Jen's REO and I have that one wood dual battery mech even though the fire button is a little funky as it misses sometimes. (both are stashed away in boxes) but I am thinking I should start looking for another dual batt mech. I have a few regulated in their boxes in the event my current ones crap. I don't care for their form factor much but they do the job intended :)

trlrtrash13 likes this.