1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

RX300 and Reuleaux tank

Discussion in 'Regulated Mods' started by Mad Scientist, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

Hi all, Got er' in this morning and paired it with the REULEAUX tank using the RX ceramic .5 head. So far it has been working very well. I'll post more on this as I spend more time using it.

Attached Files:

trlrtrash13 and vapinitup like this.
  2. Mad Scientist

REFugee

Update;

Well after using the ceramic head for this tank I have determined that it isn't a good choice for lung hits. You get about half that and the vape starts to taste burnt, As it seems that the juice flow can't keep up. I have since changed it out for the type 1 RBA deck with a dual 7/8 24Ga.Ti build that is doing much, much better. This type 1 deck with it's "clamp style" binding posts is tricky to build dual TC builds on, Also you need to have it wicked just right or it will evacuate the contents of the tank very quickly when you fill it, And the airflow on this one gives a new meaning to the term "wide open". I am sure that the type 3 Velocity deck will prove a much better candidate for this, I will try one as soon as it becomes available. I have also found that the other head that it comes with, The "RX Tripple" works exactly the same as the single core head that comes with the TF-V8 tank. I will post more of my experience with this as I become more familiar with it. All in all so far it seems to be a very good match for the RX300.:)

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  3. Mad Scientist

REFugee

4-13-17 153.jpg 4-13-17 142.jpg update;

well the Reux was short lived in favor of the Aromamizer plus, Beast of a tank using it in 20 mil mode TC, 22 Ga. Ti, 4.63mm 120 watts @ 440f

still messin' with it a bit....But very, Very nice:)

Attached Files:

#3 Mad Scientist, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    trlrtrash13 likes this.
  4. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

I love the RX300 and Aromamizer Plus setup. It's my all day every day when I'm driving. A full tank and full charge lasts me nearly 2 full days of driving. It's not very portable, but it's great for an on the road or on the desk type setup.

5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I'm done messing around with the RX300. The one I got to replace the first one is out now. Not completely, the screen died. It's not in stealth mode, updating didn't fix it, neither did banging it on the counter. As far as mods go, you can't get a much easier life than these two mods have had. They stay in a cup holder, no carrying around, and one tank stays on them. Nothing else. They're good for about 4-6 months and then they die.

I'm looking at the 4 battery Smok mod or just parking this 30mm tank on the Revenger. It doesn't look as crazy as it sounds.

6. Mad Scientist

REFugee

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Been using mine for a long time now with no issues. I got the Titan parked on top with a 22/24 Ti series Clapton build 9×12 mm.

If you don't want it, send it this way..I'll fix it.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

From my research, the new one will need a new OLED screen. Once I get a replacement, I could send them both. If you put the SS mods 510 on the black mod, you would have one in good working order. I was thinking about trying to do that myself, but I'm not sure how much work it would be to get the 510 connector out of the thing.

In the meantime, the SS one works, just no screen for battery indicator really, since I always leave it on 90 watts.

8. Mad Scientist

REFugee

The 510 it came with is press fit. The new SS 510 is directly threaded into the case. it takes a little work, But it eliminates any potential ground issues and gives stable and reliable readings for TC.

well if you can get the screen send them both. I have to order the SS 510 for it.

Let me know...

9. Mad Scientist

REFugee

Here are a few pics of mine. It overhangs somewhat, but I'm not concerned with astectics as much as I am with function...

It IS a beast

The 200 w/30mm & 300w/41mm is all I use these days. That Smoke r-200 on the right had the board burned up in it. I replaced a few components and works excellent now. I use that one for when I working on things outside.

Attached Files:

10. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

After a little research into the Smok 4 battery mod, I found many people having issues with that. Which got me to thinking, remember the Hammer of God? Well, it turns out Vaperz Cloud put out a V3. It's a para-series mechanical. I decided the hell with the chips, and ordered one. Now that's gonna make the Aromamizer Plus chuck.

11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

This is the one I'm getting.

20170921_152919_480x480.jpg

Snert likes this.