1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Reuleaux RX200

Discussion in 'Temp Control' started by Yankifenix, Dec 3, 2015.

1. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

Oh I am so so bad at reading charts and understanding this stuff. If you think those sammy 25r are okay for say up to 70 watts then I will get some more of those. If not I can buy ones that would be okay.....AND this is ALL your fault you know lol

2. debinnv

REFugee

Oh it's okay Steve and heads up looks like we are in fact going to be moving to Northern VA in the spring. Dave is gonna take the headquarters position. We thought about renting but nope we will sell this one and buy a home there. He's already looking at homes. I told him I'm pretty much fine with whatever as long as the dogs have a yard and the place is not a TLC needed. Not ever doing that again. TLC adds up to mega $$$$$

3. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

This probably won't be popular, and I wouldn't recommend this for unregulated mods, but remember that the burst rating for most of these batteries is higher, and chances are if you're vaping much over 100 watts you're probably taking 2 or 3 second drags. Take that for what it is worth, but I run 20 amp batteries in my Surric X all the time. I'm usually vaping at about 70 to 80 watts, but occasionally I take a dripper up around 150 watts with no issues.

Snert likes this.
  4. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I think that's the mental math a majority of over 100w vapors make. The beef I have with battery specs is they talk about a "pulse" but very few talk about what constitutes a pulse.

I'm just one of those overly cautious types, especially when it comes to mechs... but in general anyway. Been vaping since late '11 and have never vented a battery. I've melted a couple of REO springs, but nothing catastrophic.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  5. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Oooo... NoVA.

As things progress, we'll have to see about plan some vape meets. :)

debinnv and Mad Scientist like this.
  6. debinnv

REFugee

soooooooo the sammy's are okay for this mod? as long as I stay under 75 watts? Or do I need to buy something else.

Oh okay I Think I understand the chart now. The sammy's, as long as I stay under the 100 watts ( which I will) should be just fine. I will hop over to RTD and get a few more of those. I just bought 2 so I guess I should get 4 more that way I can swap them in sets of 3. Is my thinking right on that? I believe I read that for series you want to do that.

#46 debinnv, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  7. debinnv

REFugee

Oh! I'd love that. Plus you guys can tell me if there are any decent B&M's around. Looks like it will be around March

Yankifenix likes this.
  8. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I've worn out Reo springs but never melted them. And I less than more "vented" an Efest. It never got too hot to touch or smoked or anything, but it drained down to 0.8 volts. It was defective though. Brand new, fully charged on a .3 ohm build. Button got hot so I tested the atomizer and used a different battery. All went well so I put the Efest back in and pushed it a little just to see what would happen. Eventually the button got good and hot so I pulled the battery and tested the charge and it was beyond dead. Other than that, no vents.

9. debinnv

REFugee

SOAB..........I just read that they recommend a 30amp battery for this mod. Sigh, I just ordered 4 of the sammy's

10. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

Know of a couple. One is in nova. The other is outside nova where Snert is

11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Here's a better look at the RX200 and a caparison to the DNA version. Much more info and much easier to watch.

Mad Scientist and debinnv like this.
  12. debinnv

REFugee

Thanks for the vid @trlrtrash13 Mine finally shipped today. Hope to have it by Thursday.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  13. Matt Strohl

Matt Strohl Guest

14. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Just wanted you to know (in case you didn't) @debinnv that there's a software update for the RX200. Sounds like it's a bugfix release.

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200/

Now it's possible that your mod came with the most recent version, but the Suck My Mod review had v1.00 installed. Matt went through updating to the latest, v1.07.

Looks dead simple. Supposed to address a "slow fire" issue and a couple of other things.

debinnv likes this.
  15. debinnv

REFugee

Thanks @Snert. I did the update 5 min after I got the mod :) It was dead simple as you said too. The only issue I had updating is the USB cord that came with the mod would not recognize the device. I had another usb cord that would though.

Yankifenix likes this.
  16. Yankifenix

REFugee

@debinnv there is a new firmware update 1.08. Also if you are on Facebook there is a great group for the reauleux. It's called Reuleaux by Jaybo and Wismec

debinnv likes this.
  17. Yankifenix

REFugee

@debinnv there is a 3.00 update out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debinnv likes this.
  18. debinnv

REFugee

@Snert I heard it breaks TCR for ss so I have not done it. Not that I know WTH TCR is all about but I saw the word break and figured I better wait LOL...................but thankee :)

#58 debinnv, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  19. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

That sucks. One of my coworkers upgraded his RX200 to 3.0 and didn't report any issues. He's fairly new to TC though, so I wouldn't take that as an endorsement or anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

well this sucks, Looks like the Snow Wolf won't support SS wire...Damn:(

Wish I got the RX200 instead.

Yankifenix likes this.