1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Pulse Squonk Mod from VandyVape

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders' started by trlrtrash13, Nov 6, 2017.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

So I stopped by T&S Vapors in Albuquerque and they had these so I checked it out. Seemed sturdy for a plastic mod. Magnets are strong, construction is good, like the safety switch, so I bought one and a 20,700 bottle.

As soon as I started getting ready to vape the thing, I realized it was a mistake. It should be called the Impulse.

1. The squonk bottle is incredibly soft, which feels nice and feeds liquid very well. Makes perfect sense... Until you try to take it out. You have to remove tube and all.
    2. The 20,700 battery fits perfectly in there. No rattle, and unfortunately no way to remove it. Unless, of course, (see complaint #1) you remove the juice bottle. Good luck if it's full and you don't wanna drain half the bottle out of your airflow.
    3. Major voltage drop with the 18650 sleeve, unless 20700 batteries just hit harder. I can't say for sure because the 20700 won't fit the Reo Grand to compare, but I can say the Reo hits harder in 18650 mode.
    Now to be fair, this is 1/3 The cost of a Reo, and it does squonk better, but it doesn't vape as well. I don't hate it, but it won't likely be long for my rotation. Well built, but poorly designed. Might make a good mod for the ship though, @Exodus .

2. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Update. I just realized the back panel comes off for removing battery and juice bottle. So... that solves that. You still have to remove the whole juice bottle and tube to fill it though. It's just too soft to be able to unscrew the cap while it's in the mod.

I also don't like the button on it. Too mushy.

3. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

thanks for the concern ,but i got some issues with these type of mods

I'm not getting into the 20700 battery world ,all reg'd mods are still 18650 and trusted.lord knows who is really making the ijoy 20700
    the cost of these 3d printed mods goes from crazy to flat out fuggin insane !! and for what ?? something that has no real craftsmanship to it

i got frankenskull clone [18$] from FT,the atty that came with it is as crappy as the kanger 60\160 is .i modded a Hannya clone [16$] to BF and am lovin it
    been using it 6 months and the paint is wearing off,no biggie as its a beater mod anyway
    would i buy another frankie clone ?? hell yea and long before i'd put 150$ for the legit

editing: i had to replace the frankie bottle with soft ones from Reomods,the bottle it came with didn't like to return to its natural shape after squonking.those soft reo bottles are suppose to fit in the reo too,i just haven't gotten around to actually trying it ,as yet

#3 Exodus, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    trlrtrash13 likes this.
  4. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

TT... this might help for refilling.

https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-30ml-super-soft-squonk-refill-bottle/

I have one, but haven't had occasion to use it as of yet (I'm on a tank kick these days). I've seen it in action though and it works... although it's a bit fiddly due to equalizing pressures. You basically take your atty off, screw on the refill bottle in its place and refill your squonker.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I saw those from Armageddon too, but I didn't order one because generally speaking I don't have a problem refilling. You know those silicone battery covers they make for safekeeping? Thats what this squonk bottle is made of. It makes it hard to squonk the last few ml out of the bottle too.

6. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

I am seriously considering getting a couple of those ,but not from ginger !! i found alot cheaper on ebay
    I got a "Tmod" back in july and i kinda hate the dam thing !!
    every time i take the top off to refill i have to fiddle with the positive pin where it connects thru the top to the base.As a result of that headache i always use the charge port on it for the battery

#6 Exodus, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    trlrtrash13 likes this.
  7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I just ordered the dual battery mechanical squonker from 528 customs. I guess it's the poor man's Tmod. Lol.

Exodus likes this.
  8. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

If you already have a pulse mod, than do yourself a favor and try this.

20171112_180537.jpg

That little switch under the 510 with the white rubber nub on it is your safety shut off switch. Turn it off, take a pair of pliers, and squeeze it to tighten up the connection. It's a little flimsy, so not too hard. Just get it to make a tighter connection and the mod will hit much harder. I did it to mine and it has made a significant difference in the vape quality for me.

9. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

TT, I was late to this thread. I have a pulse mod and I love the thing. All the stuff you complained about most people have as well. I was lucky enough that Tony is in a group I am in as well and he told people about these probs ahead of time.

Now, I totally get why they made this mod they way they did. They wanted a low priced good option for people to get into squonking. I commend them for that, and now more companies are making squonkers. I myself want more regulated squonk mods as I have a boxer squonk mod as well as this and they are my only mechs. I will not do mechs anymore for squonk if as the battery sag is just too much to deal with now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  10. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

The two things that are inexplicable to me are the lack of a ridge for your thumbnail to get the back door off and that safety switch. The button isn't sensitive so it's unnecessary, and it kills the voltage drop on it. But yes, it is cheap so for those looking to get into squonking on a budget or for those that vape at higher ohms it's a decent setup.

VapeAMP just came out with a regulated squonker, surrisingly budget friendly for them. They farmed out the chip to HotCig.
    https://www.vapeamp.com/collections/featured/products/regulated-squonk-box-by-rig-mod-ww-black