1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Ohm Boy X Desire Squonk 155W

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders' started by trlrtrash13, Jul 9, 2018.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

IMG_20180709_080848_926.jpg

I picked this mod up a couple of weeks ago. It's the best dual battery squonker I have used to date. The shape, fit in te hand, finish, and functionality are top notch.

Negatives would be it is a little heavy, but not too bad, and it's a proprietary squonk bottle and doesn't come with a backup bottle.

I've seen two reviews where people have complained about the bottle. The complaints were as follows.

1. Metal on top and bottom of bottle "looks cheap".
    2. Would look better with black caps on both ends.
    3. Lift tab to pull bottle out is hard to pop out.
    First two complaints are silly in my book. You don't see the metal when the bottle is in the mod unless you turn it upside down. I don't personally see the point in color coding the caps to the mod. As for the 3rd negative, I haven't experienced that. Tab is very easy to get to.

As for the chip, it's basic as hell. Settings are power or TC, and right or left hand. I like to lock in my wattage so I don't have to worry about bumping the buttons. No can do. Other than that, the chip is fine in my book. I haven't tried the temp control.

Pros:
    1. Form factor.
    2. Size.
    3. Rapid fire, no delay. Hit button, get vapor.
    4. Bypass mode gives you series unregulated squonking.
    5. Looks good.
    6. Feels great in the hand.
    Cons:
    1. No lock for adjustment buttons.
    2. No spare bottle.
    3. Heavy.
    I do like the Gbox squonker, but this one is much better in the fit and finish. It feels better in the hand, and looks better. It's also more expensive and heavier. All in all though, it's become my favorite squonker. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a dual battery regulated squonk mod.

Snert and Yankifenix like this.
  2. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

I’ve got one as well and it is my favorite for the exact same reasons you have stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snert and trlrtrash13 like this.
  3. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Have you used it in temp control?

4. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

atm i'm chasing the "Niagara" its basically a VA vanguard clone ,but about 60 bucks as opposed to 800 bucks

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  5. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

Not yet. I threw on a recurve atty to try out and haven’t taken it off yet or rebuilt it. I’m liking the way it’s performing so I did t mess with it yet. I do have another one on its way from fasttech. It was $30 cheaper than here in the states so I figured why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  6. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Tempted by that one too. It is nice looking.

Exodus likes this.