1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Off Topic Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Non Vape Related Chat' started by ms.mona, Nov 30, 2015.

1. vapinitup

vapinitup The Original Crew
    REFugee

Nice pic. Looks like you could get into plenty of trouble on there in the winter.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  2. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

Well, I made it with 15 mins to spare. Gotta start fighting my way back east tomorrow.
    TT

3. vapinitup

REFugee

Hopefully you have a load going back?

4. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Yes sir. Got a load picking up in Idaho and going to Maryland.

vapinitup likes this.
  5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

6tag_161215-091854.jpg
    Here is Cabbage today. Chain law is up so I'm waiting it out.

6. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

they have a chain law now ??

7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Yeah. We have to carry chains and when they turn the sign on you can't cross the mountain without them. They have it completely shut down now though. 6 wrecks up there.
    TT

8. ms.mona

ms.mona The Original Crew
    REFugee

This is what @trlrtrash13 told me. He said I'm just a normal guy... Then I find this. I agree.

[​IMG]

9. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Made it out. Went to bed at 8ish last night, the road was open again but still icy and chain law was up. Woke up at 2 and it was open no restrictions but more snow coming in at 4:30. I tried to wake up my neighbors (fellow Prime drivers) but one didn't get up and the other one said he was waiting for the sun to come up and melt the snow pack so I ditched them both and jetted.

Cabbage was dry, Dead man Pass was a little snow packed and Meacham was a little icy but nothing too terrible. Took about an hour from the bottom of Cabbage to the bottom of Meacham (about 38 miles) so that's not terrible. I didn't slow down from there until I got to my exit in Idaho. Loading my onions now so at least I will have weight coming back across this mess out here.
    TT

vapinitup likes this.
  10. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Hopefully the load will help. Safe travels!

11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

It's looking up. Made it to Tremonton Ut. Hopefully Wyoming will cooperate tomorrow. Forecast looks decent.
    TT

12. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

And... no cooperation from Wyoming. I 80 eastbound is closed from Evanston to Walcott Junction.
    TT

13. vapinitup

REFugee

Whups. Sounds like a bummer. You have a way around it, or do you have to sit it out?

14. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Sit it out. I could go down to 70 but that's extra miles so then I won't have the hours to make my delivery. Stupid log book.
    TT

15. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

wp_ss_20151218_0001.png

This is what kills me about coming out here. Westbound is open and "dry". Eastbound is icy and closed. It's not the weather, it's that they don't take care of the roads. One good coating of sodium chloride and we could cruise on through to Nebraska.

16. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Contrast that to the general public uproar in NoVA when there's maybe the barest chance of maybe getting freezing precip of some kind and the salt trucks aren't idling at the entrances/exits to I-66.

:annoy:

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  17. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

On the positive side, Wyoming opened up late last night. On the negative side it doesn't matter because I had to drop the load at the Salt Lake terminal so they can put it on a team. No way I could make it by the time they opened up.

So... I woke up parked on an ice patch, went to move and was spinning out. Flipped the switch to lock the axle for better traction and the air line on the differential snapped. Good thing it happened at the yard. I'm gonna get them to fix that while it is here.
    TT

18. ms.mona

ms.mona The Original Crew
    REFugee

My differential snapped today too. Or maybe not. Guess you see the silver lining in everything. I don't. I mean I try, but it's not my first instinct. I have to reverse my thinking or look at the broader picture to see a silver lining.

19. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Well this one was easy enough. I could drive without it really but when you get into snow and ice is when you need it. Basically it locks in the axle so that both wheels provide power at the same time so that if one wheel is spinning but the other one has traction you can use the traction from the other side.
    TT

ms.mona likes this.
  20. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I'm almost done with Christmas gifts. Usually, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off at WalMart on Christmas Eve. Yeah... I procrastinate... This year the wife and I decided to do some handmade gifts. Unfortunately, we still wound up procrastinating. The weather cooled off and threw a monkey wrench into gift making.

We decided, back in September, to make Aggravation marble game boards for friends and family. Now... it had been over 20 years since I took on any major wood working projects. I had bupkis for power tools. So after a table saw, a plunge router and some wood (with a "practice board" along the way) we had 6 sets of boards to paint and apply Polyurethane to. Then the temperatures took a dive (as they are wont to do this time of year).

I finished one up this morning. We've got one in progress and one still yet to do but the recipients for that one are good with the fact it'll be a bit late. Three of the six went in the mail on Wednesday so they would arrive on time. We didn't have time to snap any pics of the three that we're throwing on the tender mercies of the US Postal Service, but the one for local delivery that we've finished I actually had time to snap a few pics of.

[​IMG]

We made this one for friends in town that have two young girls. My friends played Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo when they were growing up. The girls are playing Mario Kart and other such games on the Wii these days. I figured this would be a nicely themed board for the family. (And yes, the board's finish is intentionally "distressed").

It was fun, but I have no plans to do anything this ambitious/this close to Christmas for a long long time. :p

Mad Scientist likes this.