1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Notch coils

Discussion in 'Temp Control' started by Mad Scientist, May 23, 2016.

1. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

Anyone tried dual Notch coils yet? Put two of them in the Aromamizer's velocity deck, Very, Very nice vape. using it on the Snow Wolf.

.17 ohms 45 Watts @350 f ;)

And it just gets better from there:)

Attached Files:

Snert likes this.
  2. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

I haven't played with the notch coils at all yet. I should check them out but I'm not crazy about vertical coils with the wicks on the inside.

3. Mad Scientist

REFugee

It actually works quite well, Full lung draws with no dry hits and the flavor is excellent. I have not used it in power mode tho.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  4. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I've got a Theorem running a Notch. I get a fair amount of spitback, but other than that I like it.

Mad Scientist and Yankifenix like this.
  5. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

I'm not crazy about them myself. Runs too hot for me. :) I only tried the one and I think there is another in the Theorem box but I normally don't use the extra goodies that come with my vape stuff cuz I sell them too quickly and it's nice to be able to say everything is in there. LOL I do love that Theo though, so I may go ahead and try the other one. It might be a higher resistance

6. Mad Scientist

REFugee

Well they seemed to work very well, However they proved to be to fragile as the nickel leads kept breaking:(...so I removed that build in favor of a dual coil 24 Ga. Ti setup....Seems to give the same excellent flavor as the Notch coils. I still use the one in the Theroum with 5V classic an does very well:)