1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Glaz RTA?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Tank Atomizers' started by trlrtrash13, Jun 26, 2018.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

I was at a local shop yesterday and the owner wanted me to check out his Glaz rta. It said Steam Crave on it, but I had to go to Facebook to confirm they had indeed created this tank. It was the first I had heard of it, and I wasn't really impressed. He hated it and offered to give it to me but I passed. Problems were turbulent airflow, massive size to juice capacity ratio, and it's got a glass chimney which looks really bad as soon as you start vaping and cloud it up with juice.

I was wondering if he has an early prototype and maybe they've fixed some of these issues? He said it's a production model sent by his supplier but it didn't seem up to SC standards. @debinnv do you still follow these guys and have any info on this?

2. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

I have had the Glaz for awhile now and it is awesome :) I didn't think anyone had these yet. matter of fact I would be curious as to how he got his hands on one or if it is in fact a copy of some kind. They did change the deck so it is so much better and the taste is so clean from that chimney. They also changed the bottom airflow it is now like the plus with the honeycomb airholes so it is nice and smooth. He must have the early first one and again would love to know who he got it from. I can take some pictures of my deck etc and show you. I have both proto's

3. debinnv

REFugee

@trlrtrash13 and I have a good idea who had it now so never mind. No big deal and not something I'm even going to mention or get into. Not my job. LOL I am sure he had the first one. Anyway here are pictures of the two and also they changed the top cap to be a sliding cap. it's great and personally I love the thing and use it daily. Been working on a few other things from them that will be coming out shortly :) Here are some pictures and also the last one is the BF RDA. Now I have a SS cap for the RDA also but not sure if that will be included, they may have decided to just go with the glass top cap.
    First pic old on the left new on the right decks also unscrew second is the change in the airflow deck unscrewed threaded glass, this took a bit of trial and error with tolerances. Had to go thicker and much higher quality but it is great now Top caps old on the left and the RDA :) I like the RDA very much, my only gripe is that it is a bit easy to oversquonk. All bf atties are a bit different in how hard or long you push the bottle. This one is a "easy does it" I got used to it fast and have no problem now. Others may find that a turn off. I actually like it now that I am used to it.

#3 debinnv, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  4. debinnv

REFugee

#4 debinnv, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

The top cap on his looked like the cap on the right in this image.

Screenshot_20180702-085404_Firefox.jpg

6. debinnv

REFugee

Then I guess he has the final. To each their own :) I love the thing. If it is the man I am thinking he hates 30mm tanks so that could be why. No matter why he doesn't like it, not everyone will.

7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I don't really know the guy. He just runs a shop near where I live. I had my HOG with the Titan which is why he showed it to me. I don't think he's in the SteamCrave cicler because it was the first tank of theirs he had used. He was surprised at how good the vape on the Titan was. He said his supplier sends him stuff to try to see if he wants to carry it and that's how he said he got it.

8. debinnv

REFugee

Well, as I said. doesn't matter to me. Didn't think any suppliers had them yet? Who knows, don't care LOL. I think the tank is great. Sure, it won't be for everyone as nothing ever is.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  9. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Reviews are starting to hit.

10. debinnv

REFugee

LOLOL how did I know you were gonna post this one. She is way off. You most certainly can unscrew the bottom and get to your build deck without dumping juice. Some reviewers are just.........well, ya. I didn't even bother watching her but it was posted on the SC fan club and people were laughing about it. As I said before, not everyone is gonna love this tank. They don't have to. I love this tank, others love this tank. It's a great tank :)

11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I posted this one because it's the first one I saw. I skimmed it, but I certainly didn't see her claim that you can't get to the wicks without dumping juice. She said she loves the tank in the review. I simply posted it so if anyone was curious from the above conversation they could get a fuller picture.

I know the Steamcrave group tends to be like the old Pro Vape groups, where any criticism is heresy that needs to be stamped out. I haven't used the tank other than to vape someone else's juice on someone else's build for maybe a dozen hits. I wasn't familiar with the juice he was vaping to judge the flavor.

I'm sure plenty of people will love the tank... just like she did in the review. But as you stated, not everyone will. I love the Titan, but I'm aware that 41mm tanks are a negative for most. To each our own.

12. debinnv

REFugee

She may have revised her review. I didn't watch it. I'm only going by what others had said and they really were not stamping out anything, only stating that what she was claiming was in fact incorrect. You can get to the build deck without having to dump the juice. Same as all the SC tanks. I only mentioned it because I did not want false info out there. And yep I can't imagine myself using a 41mm tank but there are those that love the thing. :) Even 30mm is large for a lot of folks. Of course they just need to wait a lil bit (wink)

13. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I follow her on IG but I don't generally watch her reviews. Or any reviews anymore, for that matter. The occasional product specific or Grimm Green is all.

My thing on big tanks is, they hold a lot of juice. This works for me because of driving and not having to stop and refill. Otherwise, the Titan would largely be useless for me. So when i see a 31mm tank and it only holds 7ml, that's a head scratcher for me personally. I don't get the point of a tank being so big, but holding so little. If I remember correctly, the 25mm Supreme held the same amount of juice.

Now if someone just likes big tanks for some reason other than capacity, than that won't be an issue. To me it's like buying a full size Chevy pickup truck with an S10 bed on it.

Now to be fair, I've never liked atomizers with glass chambers. It looks bad after use and it's just something else to break. So as soon as I saw the glass chamber I wasn't interested.

debinnv likes this.
  14. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Speaking of the Supreme, I just ordered 4 extra decks for them. I've got Mona vaping on them so I'm gonna build the extra decks like replacement coils for her wicked up and ready to go so she can change them out like a sub tank. Plus I ordered me a Supreme V2 for my Paranormal.

15. debinnv

REFugee

Awesome. I like the V2 I hope you get the one with the revised deck. The newer decks are the same orientation as the Plus and are easier to build on. I like the Ultem tank with my SV2. Here's a thought though, why not teach Mona how to build? I'm sure she can learn how. She's a smart cookie. oh wait, ya, she picked you....nvm............LOL I'm just teasing you honey. I think in reality you're pretty okay. I won't tell anyone though.

16. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Lol. She doesn't want to learn.

I ordered the velocity deck for that too. I prefer it over the postless.