1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

General TC discussion

Discussion in 'Temp Control' started by Snert, Dec 6, 2015.

1. vapinitup

vapinitup The Original Crew
    REFugee

Thanks Yanki, yeah, been looking at these pretty hard. convo sent.

2. Yankifenix

Yankifenix The Original Crew
    REFugee

Replied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. vapinitup

REFugee

And replied.

Yankifenix likes this.
  4. vapinitup

REFugee

Thanks to Yankifenix, I have an Hcigar squonker coming, sure hoping I'm gonna like the Berserker rda I'm gonna put on it. Finners crossed. :)

Pics will be up when I get everything. Probably take a couple more weeks for the Berserker to get here.

trlrtrash13 and Yankifenix like this.
  5. Yankifenix

REFugee

Glad to be of service. At least it’s gonna get used more than I have been using it lately

vapinitup likes this.
  6. vapinitup

REFugee

Got the Vandy Vapes Berserker BF RDA today. Sweet!.
    30 gage, 2.5mm dia., 6 wraps for .98Ω running at 395F, and 25w.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
      Views:
    trlrtrash13 and Exodus like this.
  7. Yankifenix

REFugee

Looking sweet on that inbox!!!!

trlrtrash13 and vapinitup like this.
  8. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

How tight is the airflow when wide open?

9. vapinitup

REFugee

Haven't tried it wide open, but later today I'll open it all the way, and see if I can give you you some idea.

10. vapinitup

REFugee

Ok, I put the biggest single hole insert in(2.0mm), and used the 2mm hole in the afc. I know it isn't enough air for you, as it's a pretty restricted DTL vape. This is definitely a MTL's atty.

Snert and trlrtrash13 like this.
  11. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Mine's still in the shipping box.. unopened. :p

Maybe I'll get a chance to fiddle with it this weekend.

vapinitup and trlrtrash13 like this.
  12. vapinitup

REFugee

I've had a couple little problems with mine, but have remedied them. I was having a problem with getting juice up the dt, and into my mouth. I changed to a little larger bore dt, and lowered the coil a bit, problem solved. The other problem was leaking around the 510, probably when squonking. I solved this by finding an o-ring in my stash to fit over the 510 on the atty, then tightening down on that. The ring covers any gap this might leave between the atty and the top of the mod.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  13. vapinitup

REFugee

So, I've been using this set up for about a couple weeks now, and I gotta say, it's awesome for MTL. The Berserker beats any other bf attie I've ever used, hands down. The HC Inbox is..., well, I just love it. Like all my DNA's, it gives an excellent consistent TC vape.
    Damn, now I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get another s/u just like it.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  14. Yankifenix

REFugee

I still got that black inbox. If you don’t like the panels that were on it I could swap them for my other ones that are more colorful

15. vapinitup

REFugee

Thanks Yanki, but I'm really wanting a silver one now.

16. Yankifenix

REFugee

Bummer. My silver inbox is a v2

17. vapinitup

REFugee

Sent you a PM.

18. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Ok.. so that's what I get for being busy... :p

I finally opened the box containing my shiny new Berserker RDA.. except... it doesn't have a shiny new Berserker RDA but rather a shiny new Berserker RTA... which I already had!

Of course, it's been over a month since the order arrived, so I'm SoL. At least the RTA is "worth" about $10 more than the RDA and I was billed for the RDA. Shipping mistake by the vendor. /sigh

19. vapinitup

REFugee

That would be an unpleasant surprise. At least now you have a backup for a good price. I have a couple of the RTA's, and really like them.

Snert likes this.
  20. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I ordered some more juice and another Berserker RDA and this time I got what I ordered. Hope to fiddle with that sometime today.

On a TC note... if you've been following Evolv's progress as of late then you know they released the DNA 250C that has an interesting new option for "TC" called Replay. There are only a handful of DNA 250C mods out, none of which I want, so I haven't ordered one yet. Evolv did finally issue an updated for the DNA 75C (it's only in the international version of EScribe at the moment) that includes Replay. It took some fidding (partially because I'm now using EScribe for MacOS instead of Windows and there was a bit of a learning curve) but I have two DNA 75C devices (Lost Vape Mirage and HCigar VT75D) running the latest release of the firmware with matching Themes allowing for Replay.

I'll link the downloads I used below...

Escribe Suite International Edition from here https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe. You can get EScribe for Mac or Windows.

Theme - https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/29-evolv-dna-75c-and-250c-enhanced-default-theme-with-replay/

I've been vaping on both for almost a day (@ 2 tanks per mod). So far, I'm impressed. No fiddling with material curves, no temperatures to set. Find a profile with Replay enabled (this will take some fiddling in EScribe settings to enable), vary the "Watts" on the screen til you find a vape you like, and then hit "Save Puff". So far, it's just worked. I've had the "cool-ish" vape that I like and I've vaped both tanks dry and refilled. No dry hits.

Some issues may arise as I continue to use it. I'm sure dirty coils, attaching a hot atomizer, rewicking, etc can all change the Replay experience but for now it's working as advertised.

It's really a shame. Evolv has gotten one step closer to "solving the ecigarette" (as Brandon so famously has quoted as Evolv's goal) and the FDA regs are gonna stomp all over any forward progress as things stand at the moment.

Hope everyone took the CASAA flavor survey!!

#60 Snert, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    trlrtrash13 and vapinitup like this.