1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Efusion DUO DNA200/133 by Lost Vape

Discussion in 'Temp Control' started by Snert, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I guess there's been enough of a buzz around the Reuleaux, the HCigar VT 133 and the low volume (often 3d printed) 18650 based DNA 200 mods that Lost Vape decided to jump on board... kinda. Actually, better IMO since the offer the option of running at 133w with dual 18650s or a full 200w with a LiPo.

https://originvape.com/product/lost-vape-efusion-duo-dna133-18650-mod/

From the product description:

You asked for it. Lost Vape produced it. A dual 18650 in series regulated mod with Evolv’s DNA200 chipset: the Lost Vape Efusion DUO.

Previously, the DNA200 board needed 11.1V nominal input to operate. With Evolv’s newest firmware update, the DNA200 board can now be operated with reduced voltage, allowing the use of two 18650 batteries in series to compensate in peak voltage drop. As two 18650 batteries can realistically output 133 watts, the Lost Vape Efusion DUO mod only goes to 133 watts when using the dual 18650 configuration. Batteries can be easily swapped out and the internals are nice and tight.

What if you want to experience Evolv’s 200w board in its full capacity? The Efusion DUO gives you the option to swap a 3S, 1300mAh Lipo battery pack into the mod with ease. Simply remove two screws to detach the preinstalled 18650 battery sled, swap in an optional Lipo battery pack (sold separately) and switch out the battery profile to update your power settings in Escribe. Now you’re vaping at 200 watts again. It really is that easy.

Here's a "first looks" type review with a tutorial on how to switch the mod from the 18650 power source to a LiPo.

The switch-over process is not as "neat" as I'd like to see it... but "wire's gotta go somewhere", so it looks tolerable to me.

Looks like it's pre-order only at the moment... for around $160. I've read there will be post-release panels available in stabilized wood, carbon fiber and damascus steel.

Mad Scientist and trlrtrash13 like this.
  2. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

Nice. That's an excellent idea.

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

This one seems interesting.

4. 366vape

366vape New Member

i like the vape mod with DNA chip

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  5. kimsun

kimsun New Member

6. Mad Scientist

REFugee

Huh?

7. Mad Scientist

REFugee

After reading up a little more on it, I would have to change my opinion on this one.