1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Does a good MTL tank using max VG exist?

Discussion in 'General E-Cig Discussion' started by debinnv, Sep 9, 2017.

1. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

I know a few of you love your MTL tanks and I have have wanted a good one myself for some time. Problem is I can't use PG. So, using max VG the ones I have tried really won't cut it. They simply will not wick, obviously. Anything out there that can handle a high VG?

2. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

use to be,a lot high VG juices add 10% water added,Perhaps try adding that to your juice to help wick better ??

3. debinnv

REFugee

I have done that before, thanks. It makes the juice very harsh.

4. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

Don't know if you can find a clone, and not sure if the still make the original, but the Squape R with the deck B that has the deep juice well. It has 4 holes for liquid and the wicks stay super wet with 80 vg juice but it doesn't leak. That's the best one, but Kayfun 5 works too, just not as well and mtl vapers say it's not true mtl.

debinnv likes this.
  5. debinnv

REFugee

Thanks I will have a look at the squape if I can find one.

6. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

there was one over at naziland a few weeks ago,nobody ever bit on it either

7. debinnv

REFugee

Thanks, I did a search but nothing comes up. Probably too old of a thread or the word Squape is not in it lol. Maybe I will try building on the Kayfun V4 again. see if I can't thin out the wicking a bit or play around and find a miracle LOL

8. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Just check the price of replacement decks if it doesn't come with a B deck. The others don't wick as well with high vg.

9. debinnv

REFugee

What about a ubertoot?

10. debinnv

REFugee

I broke out the ol Kayfun V4 and first try didn't go so well. I rewicked again doing it a little different and it seems to be doing okay. have a 1.2 ohm built. I might try building a little higher in a bit. I do enjoy a nice MTL vape. I mean I'm all about sub ohm and clouds but there are times..... :) I know Vandy Vape came out with a MTL tank but I absolutely will not buy anything of theirs LOL.

11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I haven't watched any reviews on that VandyVape tank, but it's getting a lot of love on Instagram. The Kylin was over-hyped, but the Icon is actually a great little dripper so they're kind of a split decision with me.

12. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I'm running a Kayfun v4 clone with a 30/70 almost exclusively. Been doing fine. I am interested in the Vandy Vape Berserker. Will probably order one up next month.

I also have a Siren running with an 20/80 juice in it. It does pretty well, but I can tell some of the hits aren't well saturated.

And to avoid any confusion, I use the old school PG/VG ratios. Bugged me when some vendors flipped it and now things seem to be inconsistent. 50/50 is the same no matter which way you quote it, but outside of that... well, just pick one dammit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

debinnv and trlrtrash13 like this.