1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

DNA 200 Custom Screens

Discussion in 'Temp Control' started by trlrtrash13, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

Feel free to use this if you wish. Also feel free to upload any that you have made so we can swap them around and try them out.

dna200logo.jpg

Mad Scientist and Snert like this.
  2. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Here's a DNA200 theme I made. It's Megadeth themed. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I wanted to try my hand at making one so here goes. This includes all of the images needed. There is no secondary welcome theme, as I figured many DNA mods probably already come with a screen from the manufacturer, so if you want to use the included one without losing the one that came with your mod just use this one as your secondary.

Since this is my first theme, I don't know for sure how this will work out. If someone uses it let me know. I included all of the images and the theme file. Just click the link to download the zip, unzip it to wherever you keep your themes. In theory you should be able to just upload the theme to your escribe, and if that doesn't work let me know. Alternatively you can just import the images individually into your own theme.

http://smokeyandthebandwidth.com/dna200themes/megadeth.zip

Here are a few of the images to give you an idea of the theme.

welcome.jpg locked.jpg newcoil.jpg normal.jpg stealth.jpg

Mad Scientist likes this.
  3. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

They look good to me! I've got some profile screens for different wires and whatnots. I'll try to upload those later.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  4. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Awesome. I'm running the Megadeth theme on mine fight now. I think I'll work on some more later. I'm in a group on Facebook that has DNA200 themes but they just do the welcome screen and that's that. I like having the other screens in the same font and all too. I think I'll do a whole Smokey and the Bandwith theme next.

5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Mad Scientist likes this.
  6. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Maybe I missed something along the way...

You're running DNA 200 Custom Screens. Does this mean your squonker arrived?!?

7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

No, I got the Project Sub Ohm Project S200.

8. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Gotcha.

I've used Evolv and VapeForward TC chipsets (no YiHi yet). The biggest thing, to me, that the Evolv products have goin for them is the "preheat" function.

I didn't like it on the DNA 40. Felt like when I pushed the button, I was getting vapor crammed down my throat. With the DNA 200, you can set both the level and the duration of the preheat. I now multiple profiles set up on my Wismec for tanks and drippers with my preferred preheat settings.

Yankifenix likes this.
  9. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I haven't even played with that yet. Does it make a big difference? Also, is it only for TC builds?

10. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Since I've run very little for Kanthal builds on the DNA 200, I can't speak to that.

I got used to the preheat on the Radius, albeit with a low wattage/high resistance build. Once I turned it on with my first Ti/dripper profile, I really got to liking it on the DNA 200.

Yankifenix likes this.
  11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Yeah, I'm running a .29 ohm build in a dripper at 100 watts, so the preheat function might not do a lot for me. Or maybe it already is. I just looked at my profiles and it says "If you connect a temperature control coil..." above the setting for preheat so I guess it's in TC mode only.

12. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist The Original Crew
    REFugee

Has anyone played around with custom screens for the RX200? I have the program to do so but reluctant to do anything with it yet. I do have a pre made one installed in it called "half full" just to make sure it wouldn't brick my mod and it worked well...

Just curious if anyone has gotten into this?

13. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I saw something about it but I haven't tried it myself.