1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

CETO Mesh RDA by Cthulhu MOD

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Drip Atomizers' started by Snert, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

And now for something completely different...

Those of us that have been vaping for a while have probably tried our hand at a Genisis atty with a mesh wick at least once. It... didn't work out so well for me....

But here's a different take on SS mesh

http://www.cthulhumod.com/ceto-rda-first-mesh-rda/

I watched a Grim Green review on the atty and I'll have to say I'm somewhat intrigued.

I took 3 things away from what I've seen...
    1) Probably not a flavor chaser atty.
    2) Looks like it's gonna take a fair amount of power for this one (Green ran 0.18 ohms at around 70 watts)
    3) That is a SH*T ton of cotton!!

Still, kudos to Cthulhu for thinking outside the box.

2. vapinitup

vapinitup The Original Crew
    REFugee

Definitely different, and interesting. So, who's gonna be the first, maybe TT? :)

trlrtrash13 and Snert like this.
  3. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

yes it is intriguing !!
    at you won't have to deal with hot spots and shorts

Snert likes this.
  4. vapinitup

REFugee

Snert likes this.
  5. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Interesting! From the looks of it I'd be more likely to try the Vandy Vape version than the Ceto just because it looks like it would require less wicking. Plus you could arguably use a standard coil in it.

I find it amusing that the Vandy Vape version ships with Kanthal, SS and Ni mesh. I can't feature how either atty is gonna be electrically stable enough for TC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vapinitup likes this.
  6. vapinitup

REFugee

If they come out with one, a small one, good for MTL, I'd definitely get one to play with.

7. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

i do like the vandy vape version,but i am leary of how tight the clearances will/might be ??

8. Exodus

Exodus The Original Crew
    REFugee

9. vapinitup

REFugee

I see the place mentioned over on ecf, but I have never ordered from there.

10. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

They've been around for a while. My impression is they're a FastTech/3F Vape sort of place, so I've never ordered from them.

I think these will eventually hit the US as there are a number of vendors (VaporDNA, ElementVapes, etc) that carry Vandy Vapes products like the Pulse 22 RDA. At this point I'm going to wait for a US vendor to stock them or try overseas if someone makes a smaller (14mm/16mm) mesh/"BF friendly" RDA.

A quick Google Search turned up these...

https://www.myvpro.com/vandyvape-mesh-rda/ (Michigan?)

http://thecloudyvapor.com/product/mesh-rda-vandyvape/ (Alabama?)

They'll be here eventually.

11. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

Not for me. Although I do have a big sheet of SS mesh laying around somewhere.

vapinitup likes this.
  12. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I got a chance to see a review of the Vandy Vape version. I like the "clamp" system for the coil (though it looks like it'd work tons better for mesh than for a standard build). What's still a bit of a drag to me is that the mesh builds I've seen are very low ohm and really do need some power to perform. Your rank-and-file squonk box is either mechanical (REO, Boxer, etc) or single-battery-regulated which limits you to the 75w range. I'm not a watts hungry vaper, but it doesn't really make sense to buy an RDA, for squonking, that very few mods can adequately power.

Maybe somebody with a Drone (Lost Vapes dual battery squonker) can fire one up and let us know.