1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Anyone remember the MicroStick?

Discussion in 'Unregulated Mods' started by trlrtrash13, Apr 11, 2017.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

For those who don't, peep this.

For those who do, want one?

I found a local shop who has these, although they might be a clone. I'm not sure. The guy who runs the place didn't remember the MicroStick, so he couldn't say and I didn't have him pull one out so I could look at it. Here's the thing. They have these with a KayFunish atomizer. Basically it's a mech that runs on a 18350 battery and it's so small it hides in your hand. They are $60. Regular price. They have them 1/2 off. I'm thinking about getting one.

So, for REFugee members only. If you want one, let me know by 10am and I will pick one up for you and I'll cover the shipping. Basically. drop me $30 to PayPal and it's yours. I'll ship them out before I leave tomorrow. You don't have to have cash up front. If you want one and have to wait for payday, that's cool. But you do have to respond by 10 am tomorrow, because I'm going over there about that time. FCFS for REFugee members.

For non-REFugee members, you can get one too if they have enough. Just reply on this before10 am. You'll be FCFS after REFugee's, but it will be $40 for you to cover shipping costs. Also from non-REFugee members I will need payment before shipping.

To be clear, I'm not sure how many they have so just reply and I will see in the morning. If they have enough I will satisfy the list in order, REFugee members first, and get them out before I leave. I know this is an odd one, so I'm not expecting hot demand, but if anyone has the same odd itch I do let me know.

2. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

I've got some 18350s sitting around a bit bored these days. Count me in please!

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  3. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Alright @Snert they had 2 so I cleaned them out. Came with a generic blue wrapped 18350. If you want it I'll send you two because I'm gonna pitch mine.

20170411_174341.jpg 20170411_174446.jpg

4. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Nah. I've got a set of AWs that I trust. Circular file is fine with me.

PM me an email... and THANKS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

They are clones btw, and she wasn't sure who made them but they feel pretty solid. I was surprised that the atomizer actually has juice flow control too.

6. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Not a problem. I've been exposed to the "joys" (read as $$$) of the world of the Billet Box. A clone ain't gonna hurt my feelings none. :p

Mad Scientist and trlrtrash13 like this.
  7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Just an update on these things. The mod is what it is. It's an 18350 of course, so you can't build too low and the insulator on the atomizer is some king of delrin or some other material so it couldn't handle it anyway. I checked my batteries and they claim to be 6 amp so I figured I should stay around 5 or so. I decided to shoot for .8 ohms.

Looking at the atomizer, you have to build between the "posts" so your going to get a max inner diameter of 2 mm on your coil and you'll need 28 gauge or higher kanthal. I set out to build it with 28 gauge and this is where it got interesting. The positive "post" wouldn't tighten. I use quotes because it's not actually a post. It's a screw with a sleeve around it. Taking the atomizer apart I realized why the screw wouldn't tighten. Here's the setup.

Take out the positive pin and the bottom of the deck will unscrew from the mod. There's a disc in there shaped like a coin. The positive pin from the 510 screws into the disc, and the positive screw from the atomizer does as well. Back the positive screw off to far and it unscrews from the disc, and there is nothing holding it in place to keep it from spinning, so at this point you will lose the alignment and you won't get the positive screw back in without taking it apart and lining it back up with that hole. Once I figured that out I built it no problem with the 510 base off. I screwed the thing back together, tightened the positive pin in place, and threw it on the ohm meter. .06 ohms. Wtf?

So I get to inspecting it and find my new problem. If you tighten the positive pin too much, it pulls that little disc down with the insulator causing your post sleeve to hit the deck and short out. So of course, in fiddling with it to get the post raised back up I lose my build and have to start over. Once that process was completed, I got a good build in there, single coil of course, at .82 ohms.

The atomizer is almost like a kayfun. The deck is raised slightly off the bottom with tow holes in it for liquid to come up, or for wicks to go down. I put part of my wicks down the hole so it was very loosely in there and left the majority of the "fluff" up on the deck. With the juice flow wide opened, it leaked, but with it completely closed some juice still gets in. I'm running it totally closed with no leaks or dry hits. It is top filled by unscrewing the drip tip connector and filling with a syringe or needle top bottle in one of the tiny holes. Unicorns will not fit.

I'm not sure what it holds. Maybe 2 ml tops. Airflow is definitely mouth to lung, and pretty tight at that. Flavor is pretty good. On par with a Kayfun. Vapor production isn't bad for the setup. I'm using 3 mg juice so I can't say about throat hit, but I plan to pickup some 12 mg for it at some point because the wattage is so low. It's basically around 20 watts in theory, but voltage drop seems to be pretty significant with this device. I put the atomizer on a DNA to try to taste test where I was at and it seems to be around 15 watts on a full battery.

Either way, this isn't a bad little setup. I'm pretty much pushing it to the max for the device and it isn't getting hot or having any issues. The vape is decent and flavor is quite good. Once you get around the terrible design of the atomizer and get a decent build on it, it actually works quite nicely.

Snert likes this.
  8. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Well, I FINALLY got off my ass this weekend and got the Microstick clone up and running. Well... kinda. Kinda in that I picked up a Innokin tank with prebuilt coils cause... well... I was lazy. :p

The cloners really went the distance on this one. They not only cloned the mod, but cloned the atty as well.

http://mini-ecig.com/atomizers/MiniAtty

Since I didn't build the atty, the only issue I've run into is the adjustment for the button. It can come loose with fiddling and CAN auto fire.

That aside, running a 2.1 ohm coil in a Gladius tank from Innokin is a pretty good vape.

debinnv, trlrtrash13 and vapinitup like this.
  9. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Yes, I make sure to take the battery out if I'm storing it in the truck because vibrations will back that screw out and cause auto firing.

10. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

trlrtrash13 and vapinitup like this.
  11. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

That would look sharp.