1. We are a group of vapers dedicated to all things rebuildable. We have a solid user base of experienced rebuilders who enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning from each other. We have a healthy mix of cloud chasers, flavor chasers, temp control, and kanthal builders. We also have a broad base of knowledge on mods, batteries, and toppers. Please consider joining us and contributing to our community. Whether you are here to teach or to learn, we welcome your participation and look forward to chasing that perfect vape together.

Anyone have a Kayfun V5?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Tank Atomizers' started by trlrtrash13, Aug 13, 2016.

1. trlrtrash13

trlrtrash13 The trash of thy trailer.
    Staff Member

I finally broke down and ordered one today. All the reviews I've seen on it were really good, except Busardo's because he likes a tighter draw.

debinnv likes this.
  2. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

I have the sjmy clone on the way. Daniel from Djlsb convinced me to get that one. :) Should be here next week

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  3. debinnv

debinnv The Original Crew
    REFugee

The sjmy is awesome. The draw is just a tough tighter than I would like, but this thing is so easy to build and wick and the flavor is wonderful from it. This is a very, VERY good clone. Daniel was right.

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  4. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Cool. The authentic is waiting for me at the house.

5. vapinitup

vapinitup The Original Crew
    REFugee

6. vapinitup

vapinitup The Original Crew
    REFugee

Oops, I guess it isn't, this isn't a Kayfun. My brain isn't in gear yet when first waking up .:)

trlrtrash13 likes this.
  7. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

I got my v5 in. Put a .45 ohm SS build in it and I'm vaping it at 520 degrees. I have my favorite juice Heavenly Tobacco in it and the flavor is amazing even with the airflow wide open.

A ton of reviewers say this is a restricted lung hit tank, but to me it requires slip streaming for dl. I do a mtl style draw then slip stream and start to inhale at the end. Either way, very nice vape.

Snert likes this.
  8. trlrtrash13

Staff Member

Bottom line is, I love this tank. For those who care about details, here is why.

1. The flavor on it is outstanding even with the airflow wide open. I haven't even closed it down at all, I just run it in its largest setting and I'm really enjoying it.
    2. It holds a lot of juice for what it is. I'm running it at around 30 watts so 5 ml (with the SS tank) is plenty of capacity. I haven't tried it with the glass tank but supposedly that reduces you to 4 ml.
    3. I have no leaking or dry hit issues. Remember that with Kayfun devices you don't want to stuff them with cotton, but the wicking is pretty intuitive. Just fluff and stuff and it works nicely.
    4. It looks nice on a mod, even though it is a bit tall.
    This was a good purchase for me. It is the primary tank I have been using since I picked it up, largely replacing my Serpent tank because it has better flavor. I have the feeling this will be one of my "go to" tanks for quite awhile.

Snert likes this.
  9. Snert

Snert Administrator
    Staff Member REFugee

Zooooooombie thread!

Anyway... I can’t find the post I discussed this in earlier so I’ll just post here.

I have both a Kayfun v5 legit and an SJMY Kayfun v5 clone. I wanted to pass along that the Kayfun MTL kit that I bought has inserts that work in both my legit and my clone. I’m not saying that it will work in all clones or even in all SJMY clones... just that it works in mine. Running 2 different MTL inserts in both my legit and my clone as I type this.

Just an FYI if anyone might be interested. And... oh.... love ‘em both. The fit and finish is definitely better on the legit, but both work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trlrtrash13 likes this.